The 2016 Provincial Family Gathering will be held from January 31 to February 2, 2016 in Lheidli T’enneh territory in Prince George. The gathering is for the families of murdered or missing Aboriginal women.
- Up to 4 family members per loved one may attend
- Activities fro children and teens, child-minding available
- Culturally-based and family-focused
- Welcome Dinner at the hotel when families arrive January 31
- Cultural ceremonies each day
- Discussions to provide recommendations to the second National Round Table on Murdered and Missing Aboriginal Women, to be held in Manitoba early 2016
- Evening Feast on February 1, 2016
Those interested in attending must register on or before January 8, 2016. Travel, meals and accommodation will be paid for up to 4 family members.
For families who wish to participate, a memorial quilt will be created to honour women who have been murdered and/or who have gone missing. Each family will be invited to create their own patch (supplies will be provided).
For more in formation and for the registration form and relevant contact details, please see the official Event Information Package.